December 18, 2013
|7/26/2013 11:38:00 AM ||Email this article Print this article |
|Lawrence County 4-H projects advance to state|
SUMNER - Local 4-H projects were judged Wednesday evening as a prelude to the 2013 Lawrence County Junior and 4-H Fair.
The following Lawrence County 4-H members earned Best of Show awards:
- Technology: Lane Robinson, robotics.
- Visual Arts: Taylor Heath, metal.
- Photography: Taylor Heath, photo editing.
- Foods: Maizie Organ, Cooking 101.
- Plants and Soils: Laney Moore, vegetable basket.
- Natural resources: Maggie Lawrence, entomology.
- Home and Family: Aiden Potts, health.
- Community Involvement: Lindsey Waller, Passport to the World.
- Animal science: Emma Heath, vet science.
- Mechanics: Austin Price, woodworking.
- Clothing Decisions I: Saylor Price.
-Outstanding clothing (non-wearable): Riley Greentree.
- Outstanding Fashion Revue Model: Saylor Price.
The following 4-H members were named Illinois State Fair delegates:
- Entomology: Maggie Lawrence.
- Photography: Taylor Heath, Erin Hill, Maggie Lawrence.
- Animal Science: Emma Heath.
- Foods: Mazie Organ, Nick Zwilling, Lyndsey Brunson, Destiny Ulrich and Lydia Higgins.
- Geology: Paul Williams.
- Horticulture: Savhanna Smith.
- Visual Arts: Madalyn Hammel, Taylor Heath, Leavitt Price.
- Interior Designs: Erin Hill and Emma Heath.
- Passport of the World: Lindsey Waller.
The following 4-H members were named as state fair alternates:
- Animal Science: Savhanna Smith.
- Entomology: Madlyn Hammel.
- Foods: Brooklyn Gaither.
- Interior Design: Lyndsey Brunson.
The following Award of Excellence designations were earned by students who were either too young to exhibit at the Illinois State Fair or had projects that were not state fair eligible:
- Robotics: Lane Robinson.
- Fashion Revue: Baylee-Ella Whitney.
- Animal Science: Tregan Hobbs.
- Natural Resources: Joshua Brunson.
- Foods: Laney Moore.
- Health: Aiden Potts.
- Horticulture: Laney Moore.